Light Adjustable Lens – Your Best Post-Cataract Surgery Option
Light Adjustable Lens After Cataract Surgery in Locust Grove, GA
As you get older, your vision may naturally start to develop cataracts. A cataract is what forms when the lens in your eye becomes cloudy, rendering it more difficult to clearly see. While this may temporarily impair your vision, you have the option of removing it and taking advantage of a newly developed artificial lens to restore your sight.
Bringing You The Most Advanced Lens Implant
Here at Takle Eye Group, our ophthalmologists specialize in cataract surgery, which is one of the most popular optical procedures in the world. Our state-of-the-art technology enables us to replace cataracts with a modern advanced lens implant, or intraocular lens, called Light Adjustable Lens (LAL). This successful surgery not only focuses on removing the cloudy lens but also improves upon other common vision problems such as:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped lens)
- Presbyopia (declining ability to focus as age progresses)
What is Light Adjustable Lens Cataract Surgery?
The Light Adjustable Lens (LAL) is unique for its ability to automatically respond to beams of UV light. It is also the only intraocular lens (IOL) that allows your ophthalmologist to customize the lens to fit your lifestyle after cataract surgery.
The research can speak for itself. In an FDA study of 600 participants, those who were fitted with Light Adjustable Lenses after cataract surgery were twice as likely as those with a standard monofocal IOL to achieve 20/20 vision. Our specialists at Takle Eye are excited to achieve the same results for you at our convenient location in Locust Grove.
Customized Light Adjustable Lens to Fit Your Lifestyle
Want maximum flexibility in your IOL? The Light Adjustable Lens becomes the clear winner.
- After your cataract surgery, our ophthalmologists will welcome you back in for an eye exam to discuss your needs and develop a custom prescription.
- Then, you will undergo 2 to 4 painless light treatments to finetune your LAL with periods of rest in between.
- Shortly after, you can expect to see the world in its full vibrancy.
The Light Adjustable Lens Pros and Cons
- Automatically responds and changes shape in different lighting conditions for optimal vision
- Adjustable prescription to fit your lifestyle and preferences
- Photosensitive silicone material that is glare, halo, and shine-free
- Improves upon the most common eye problems such as myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism
- Requires you to wear UV glasses for a short duration during the treatment process
- Has a more significant time commitment with multiple trips for post-operative visits and light treatments
Find Your Clarity with LAL at Takle Eye
For years, our eye care professionals at Takle Eye have been conducting successful cataract surgeries. At every moment, we strive to understand your needs and inform you each step of the procedure.
Though developing a cataract and undergoing cataract surgery may sound scary, we can assure you that it doesn’t have to be.
As soon as you visit our locations in Georgia, you will be well taken care of and prepared to explore your options on Light Adjustable Lens. With Takle Eye by your side, you can enjoy a future-focused vision, guaranteed.
Schedule Your LAL Cataract Surgery Consultation Today
If you think Light Adjustable Lens may be right for you, your eye doctors at Takle Eye are ready to weigh in. With nearly six years of experience in successful cataract surgeries, we are confident that LALs will change how you see the world.
By choosing Takle Eye, you will receive advanced eye care from a skilled team of ophthalmologists that have overseen thousands of successful Light Adjustable Lens for Cataract Surgery procedures in Georgia.